Hey everyone! Yes, you read the title correctly, it is possible to wear ankle boots to the office. It all comes down to styling them correctly so that they look “work appropriate”. If you still have no clue how you can get away with this then you have come to the right place because I’m going to break it down (your welcome).
Tip: Select The Perfect Pair
Ankle boots are like men, each one is completely different and sometimes you just don’t know what to do with them. So to make this short and sweet here are three of my favourite office appropriate pairs.
a) The Rachel Comey Chase boot is your classic block heeled ankle boot. There is nothing over the top, or super crazy about your guy Chase. He’s handsome, practical, and always reliable. Your parents would definitely approve and your mom might even want to keep him for herself! I wouldn’t be embarrassed to show him off at a dinner soiree or any other after work events you might be invited to.
1. Chase Boot
Chase’s Best Friends:
2. Cohen Pant
3. Signture Blouse
4. Quilt Coat
b) The Dana Ankle Boot by Gianvito Rossi reminds me of something you might see Kim Kardashian wearing along with a nude Alaïa dress. However, we’ll be wearing these babies to the office, not on the red carpet with Kayne West. So let’s break it down and find something a little less risqué, but equally fabulous to pair with these suede beauties.
5. Dana Boot
Dana’s best friends:
6. Mellie Turtleneck Dress
7. Claudie Coat
c) The Saint Laurent Jodhpur boot is similar to the Rachel Comey boot, except it has a smaller heel and two side buckles. Adding an interesting detail like a couple delicately placed buckles will make your shoe look dressier if you prefer no heel height.
8. Jodhpur Boot
Jodhpur boot’s best friends:
9. Dana Tunic Dress
10. Loose Fit Blazer
1) Rachel Comey // Chase Boot // $490 // Available at Garmentory
2) Aritzia // Cohen Pant // $145 // Available at Aritzia
3) Equipment // Signature Blouse // $218 // Available at Equipment
4) Black Crane // Quilt Coat // $258 // Available at Need Supply
5) Gianvito Rossi // Dana Suede Boot // $995 // Available at ModeSens
6) Asos // Mellie Turtleneck Dress// $119.90 // Available at Asos
7) Gerard Darel // Claudie Coat // $1,065 // Available at Gerard Darel
8) Saint Laurent // Jodhpur Boot // $1,365.91 // Available at Far Fetch
9) ACNE // Dana Tunic Dress // $405 // Available at La Garconne
10) Zara // Loose Fit Blazer // $69.90 // Available at Zara